LinkedIn can be a powerful business tool if used correctly and efficiently. Building your business around or incorporating LinkedIn can increase revenue, build a collaborative culture, and extend your business beyond your walls. In order to affectively use it, you must ask your employees these two questions:
- Do you have a career or job with our company?
- What makes our business unique, special, a career…?
Answering these will measure the success of how LinkedIn will be accepted and used to its fullest potential. A company’s culture is inherently defined by its leadership, communication, and mission. Leveraging all three will give your business the ability to use LinkedIN to:
- Share your company’s culture
- Increase Revenue
- Collaborate among your employees
Why use LinkedIn as a part of your business? 100 million US users are actively on it for networking, job hunting, researching, and learning about content specific material for all industries. These users are having 200 conversations per minute and want to engage with other like minded individuals.
Some recommendations for implementing LinkedIn into your business culture are:
- Everyone should have completed and updated profiles
- Have 5 to 10 connections per week
- Share 1 to 3 articles per week
- Engage/Respond with 5 to 10 posts per week (1 to 3 sentences)
- Connect with EVERYONE that benefits your overall network.
Check Out the slideshare of this presentation for Extra Help Inc.’s presentation.